|DEUCE TRUCK SITE||
The first pic is her ugly rear end. When the truck was painted on 10/03 (according to the markings on the passenger door), they didn't re-paint the markings on the rear of the truck. It appears they just painted around it. Looked like poo.
Well today was no good. The truck had a small electrical fire. This harness is the main one from the cab, and it runs down towards the frame rail. Well, after 43 years of vibration it finally rubbed through and shorted out. I obtained the wire schematics for the truck, but still had one small problem.......all the wires are black. The only way to tell them apart is a little "Tag" that is stamped with a number that corresponds with the schematic. Unfortunately, that tag could be anywhere on the wire. My tags were no where near this little incident, so it was just me and a few hours with a test light to get it all straightened out.
The above picture shows that the wires were all soldered and shrink wrapped. Then, taped like crazy. THEN, I took a coolant hose and split it down the middle. Wrapped that around the wires where they would contact the frame, and then taped again. This little adventure won't happen twice.
I just picked up my first deuce! I've had interest for about 5 years now, but due to laws in my State, I was discouraged on owning a MV. March of this year brought changes on the State level and there was a very clean deuce for sale right in my home town! I snatched it up and here is the story from there.........
This truck is in really good shape. The previous owner had added the front manual lock outs, and the spin on oil filter kit. The owner prior to that, had put a new clutch in it (approximately a year before I purchased the truck). It's the multifuel "whistler" turbo engine. Tires are all in pretty good shape. Came with a quilted "cold front" wrap for the truck. When I bought it, as you can see in the above pic, it had a modern Air Force logo on it, but I have been told that that is an un-official add on by someone prior.
Mileage and hours when I picked 'er up.
Front and rear call letters are saying that she was with the 34th Infantry Division (based out of Rosemount, MN). I have yet to contact them but plan on it to try to gain some history on this truck.
First parts have been ordered up! I got two new front axle boots (one has failed) with clamps for both sides. I also ordered up the remote brake reservoir. Both will have write ups in the how-to section of this website.